JOB POSTING - Mi’kmaq Family Resource Centre Program Director
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOV 18, 4:30 PM
MI'KMAQ FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Reports to: Executive Director of AWAPEI Inc.06
Location: 312 Sweetgrass Trail, Lennox Island, PE
Term: Full time 30 hrs/week
MFRC Program Director is responsible for Managing the Mi’kmaq Family Resource Center and its programming and general operations. The Program Director is accountable to AWAPEI and its board of Directors for carrying out its policies and decisions. It is the Executive Director who will relay what the Board of Directors decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Mi’kmaq Family Resource Center’s Program Director’s role will be to work closely with the Executive Director of AWAPEI Inc. to ensure all aspect of the AWAPEI Inc.’s Purpose, Mission and Vision are accomplished as it relates to the Center and its programming.
The Mi’kmaq Family Resource Center (MFRC) Program Directors’ key duties include:
- Staff supervision, strategic planning, budget development, proposal development and delivery of programs and services initiatives, and fiscal management and reporting.
- Develop Workplans for Staff (Supervising MFRC Staff and Wekatesk Aboriginal Head Start Program staff.
- Implementing AWAPEI Policies (Financial/Personnel/conflict of interest etc.…)
- Developing, initiating, and implementing effective service initiatives and programs within set timelines.
- Managing the day-to-day operations by working closely with the Executive Director; managing partner and funding relationships; managing all employees, contract worker and consultants and updating AWAPEI Executive Director.
- Attending weekly AWAPEI Staff meetings.
- Ensure all project coordinators, employees and consultants submit project/program funding reports for both funding requirement,
- Will report all MFRC/Wekatesk AHS activities to the AWAPEI Inc.’s Executive Director; in turn the AWAPEI Inc.’s ED will report directly to the Board of Directors the Executive Committee and Annual General Assembly.
- Building and managing partnerships and relationships with various groups, businesses, Aboriginal organizations, and all levels of government.
- Strengthen AWAPEI’s presence and profile in the Province of PEI, as well as in the Atlantic region; promote Aboriginal Women’s Association in positive and professional manner; and
- Representing AWAPEI/MFRC to government and sector funding agencies, programs, processes, and reporting.
- engagement and facilitating client/group discussions.
- supervising effectively in human resources.
- create a positive environment for clients and staff
- relationship building and networking
- University degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Management, Leadership or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal background check.
- Must have valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- A minimum of three to five years of progressively more responsible program, managerial, supervisory, and financial control experience in the non-Profit sector or Aboriginal Community
- Demonstrated in depth working knowledge of community-based programs and services
- Clear knowledge of Guiding Principles and Components of Aboriginal Head Start, Community action Program for Children and Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program
- Experience in building community relations and accessing relevant community resources
- Experience in in Aboriginal culture and language
- Experience in working with Provincial/Federal Government Agencies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to demonstrated teamwork, leadership, managerial, and administrative skills
- Ability to function independently, frequently under pressure while managing multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines
- Strong proposal writing skills
- Strong computer skills
DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED T0 NOV 18TH, 2020, 4:30PM
How to Apply: Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to: Executive Director of AWAPEI Inc. Samantha Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org