Creating Stronger Women Creates Stronger CommunitiesThe Aboriginal Women’s Association of PEI Inc (AWAPEI) is a non-profit, representative organization, administered by a voluntary Board of Directors and an Executive Committee. Our programs and services enhance, support, educate, and empower the well-being of Aboriginal women through capacity building, focus groups, prevention, awareness, and equal opportunities. We are committed to working with all Federal/Regional/Provincial/Band governments and other service organizations to improve social, educational, and employment opportunities for Aboriginal Women in Prince Edward Island.
::::: JOB OPPORTUNITIES::::
Please indicate which job you are applying for on both your email subject and your cover letter.
The position of the Administration Assistant consists of being responsibility for providing Administrative and Clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. This position is a vital role to the Organization; as the Administration Assistant/Receptionist is the first contact with the AWAPEI INC. It is important to be a positive and knowledgeable of the Organization as possible. AWAPEI INC’s has a goal/mission and vision all involve improving our ability to promote the well-being and prosperity of Aboriginal, Inuit and Metis women, girls two-spirit and gender diverse people of PEI.
- Greet visitors and determine who to give them access to
- Answer phone and notify Executive Director/President/Staff of important information.
- Direct calls to appropriate person
- Get informed on information pertaining to AWAPEI; our programs, services and general information (to be a good resource person)
- Filing/ Retrieve documents, records and reports.
- Faxing when requested to assist staff
• Photo-copying documents
• Support Executive Assistant if necessary or unavailable. (ie. Make travel arrangements for Executives)
• Check mail/Open/sort/Log /Stamp date received incoming Mail and distribute accordingly.
• Check Email and distribute incoming emails and distribute accordingly
• Retrieve faxes and distribute accordingly
• Assist in keeping front desk and main office kept in clean/organized and professional manner at all times.
• Ensure coffee pot is off each day.
• Support Staff with Annual General Assembly (AGA)
• Assist executive with duties on an as-needed basis.
• All other duties as required
DEADLINE TUESDAY JANUARY 19 2021
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
To make sure you don't miss out on any AWAPEI updates, be sure to follow our AWAPEI Facebook page as we regularly post updates and notifications there as well. CLICK HERE to visit our page.
COVID-19 UPDATEDue to ongoing protocols regarding Covid-19, our office is not currently open for walk-in traffic and appointments must be made. Our current hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30AM-4PM. As well, we request visitors to enter our new back door entry, use hand sanitizer, wear a face mask, and there is a sign-in sheet we’ll provide. To speak to a member of AWAPEI to make an appointment, please call us at 1-888-973-4292.